Friday, November 30, 2012

Indisposed

by hoooook @ deviantART
 So I've been spending the last 3-4 days lying in bed watching episodes of Merlin. Why? Because I encountered a health problem brought about by my Thanksgiving trip that has left me pained and unproductive since mid-Monday. 

I won't go into detail, but it hasn't been pleasant. I can't manage to sit up for long periods of time and because I've been spending most of my time lying in bed, my body aches. I spent the first couple of days trying natural remedies, but none of those seemed to be working, so I finally succumbed to over-the-counter drugs. They have provided some relief, and now, 4 days later, I can say that things are beginning to improve. I still can't - well, won't - sit up for long periods of time, though, because I don't want to agitate the issue so that it won't have a chance to heal. But man, it's been rough.

I have to admit I wasn't expecting to spend a week of my break like this. As a strong believer in emotional/spiritual affecting the physical, I tried to think about what this problem may be referring to or reflecting in my life. But honestly, I couldn't really think of anything. So in between drug treatments, I've been practicing affirmations and visualizations and have been telling myself that I'm healthful, healed, and pain-free.

The upside to this week of limbo, however, is that I was able to watch all seasons/series of Merlin available on Netflix in this short span of time, and therefore received plenty of inspiration for Crucible, which I've been wanting to work on. It's funny because before, I had no interest in Merlin. I had seen it on Netflix but it didn't "sing" to me. It was only over the weekend - after seeing gifs on tumblr and hearing Lulu mention it - that I felt the nudge to give it a try. So I did.

I have to say - it's cute. I adore the Arthur/Merlin bromance. Any show/film with a bromance like that (Supernatural, Sherlock) instantly wins my heart. Not to mention it did a good job of stirring my emotions... I was shaking my fist at the screen, raising it in triumph, and whispering "Bitch" every time Morgana made an appearance. Some of the content is a bit silly, though. It reminds me of Legend of the Seeker, which is an abandoned series based on a similar story. And by content I mean like some of the acting, as well as the CGI. But I still enjoy the story well enough to look past that. Although I'm really picky when it comes to books and films and the like, I'm actually very easy to please so long as I have some tidbits to really enjoy. 

So yeah. I really have nothing else to report right now. Unfortunately, this situation has prevented me from doing other things, such as working on the readings I was supposed to start earlier this week. Apparently the universe didn't want me working on such things right now. I have to remember to live in the present and embrace all experiences, despite how painful and aggravating they might be. And maybe that's the point of this little "episode." It's like a test from the universe: "Okay. You say you over-stand the point of experience... let's see if you speak the truth."

Now it's time to watch the new episode of Supernatural, after which I'll probably re-watch Merlin. I have no idea when they plan to release series 5 to Netflix, though. Hm. 

Hoping for a speedier recovery,
Evaah

1 comment:

  1. Aha a convert :3. No one else I know watches Merlin but I just find the bromance too funny to not watch it XD. Series 5 is currently airing here (and apparently it's the last series) and I'm of mixed opinion over it but I just keep watching for the hilarious Arthur/Merlin moments :P

    Sorry to hear about you being ill though, I hope you feel better soon *hugs*. Keep resting!

    ReplyDelete