Sunday, November 25, 2012

Rested

"Visible" - by thelucidity @ deviantART
Well, I certainly feel a lot better this morning. Nice and rested... I missed my bed. 

I'm not all too sure what I'll be doing today. My brother's flight is this evening so we still have all day to spend with him. It's 10 right now, and he's still sleeping... so I don't know. I've just been thinking about all the things I want to get done over my break. I  discovered a few days ago that MS is releasing the class that I've been wanting to play on the fifth, which means I'll probably become quite addicted to that and ditch all the goals I had set prior trying to get this character up to 4th job. We'll see. I still have a week and a half till then, so I'm going to have to use it to work on those five art readings.

Speaking of which, I drew those five names today with the random number generator. I've got two guide energy ones, one higher self portrait, an intuitive drawing, and one unknown... I'm hoping this person picks aura. And even though I'm technically excited to do these, my lazy side is like "Nahhh... let's just sit around and play Sims or something."

Maybe livestreaming them will help.

In other news, my family discovered something pretty fabulous about our ethnicity. See, my parents spent the money to have their DNA analyzed so that they could determine what their actual roots are through this Geno project (National Geographic). It took about a month, but on our drive down to Louisiana, my mom got her results.

Let's say that she and her family were completely wrong about who they thought they were.

Growing up, my mom was always told that she was Native American/Indian. Her mother always said that she was full-blooded herself, so Mom always assumed she was something like 70% Native. However, Mom didn't believe my grandma because there were people with blue eyes in her family. But my grandma insisted she was full-blooded.

Nope. According to the DNA results, my mom - through her maternal side - is Mediterranean first and foremost. One-third Mediterranean, one -third Northern European, and then Southwest Asian, Sub-Saharan African, and the smallest, with only 7% - Native American. So in other words, the ethnicity she thought she had the most of in her is what she has the least of. 

Because my mom only has the x chromosome (being female), she can't get her father's side, so she spent our trip convincing one of her three brothers to get the test done to see what her father's roots are. We're still waiting on my dad's results, but somehow, he doesn't think he'll be all that surprised. We'll see, I guess. 

I feel like I've been a little "scattered" recently as far as perspective goes. There's the stuff I was dwelling on before my trip and then the stuff I'm dwelling on after and it's this whole big mess of ideas. I can't quite determine which path I want to follow. Maybe I can follow them all? I have one big solid perspective that I like and could branch out from. I suppose I'll just wait patiently like always to see what unfolds. Because now I'm seeing the "you are what you think" idea again and it's making me second-guess some stuff. Not that it matters if I am second-guessing. But it's perspective that helps me live life to its fullest, so it's a bit of a big deal for me.

I need to elaborate on these ideas in a separate post. For now, it looks like we're heading out for more sushi.

(Someone passed me in word count on Nano... oh well.)

 Evaah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment