Sunday, November 11, 2012

11/11/12

New starts are always nice.

I might as well mention again - I moved to a fresh account because I'm beginning to make gradual progress toward my ambitions, and in order to keep up my end, I need to be proactive. So I thought it'd be best to keep all of "my business" on my own account.

Why Tea Time with Shiva? 

Well, my two regular readers know that I resonate very strongly with Shiva and what he represents. He's a a very significant guiding force in my life.

And, well, the name kind of popped into my head when I was thinking of names. At first it was something like "Coffee with Shiva," but I don't drink coffee... so "Tea Time with Shiva" came next. I thought it was very fitting; I like to think of my journey as lighthearted and carefree - relaxing. So I think a cute title like this one suits me and this blog.

And speaking of Shiva, his energy is coming back into my life. I'm feeling drawn to work with him again in meditation, so that's what I did last night before bed - specifically after I realized how much I was thinking about things. I listened to his mantra and focused on my breathing, and also touched a bit on kundalini by saturating the crown in light. It was a pretty lovely experience, despite my poor stomach suffering from the aftereffects of ingesting too much salt and butter (popcorn I had eaten a few hours earlier)... 

But I remind myself: the first time I had a "Shiva kick" was around the time when my truth began dissolving. Now that I'm having another, I wonder what he's here to "destroy" this time. I have him working to dissolve whatever energies he's dissolving, and the Lucifer energy bringing in empowerment and illumination (saw a couple of references to Luci this morning). Interesting. 

Next... back when I was buying oracle cards, I mentioned that I couldn't find a good tarot deck that was worth buying/learning. Well, uh. I was checking out Llewellyn's site - the company that publishes mind/body/spirit books, tarot decks, calendars, etc. - because I was scouting mind/body/spirit publishers for my book, if I should actually write it... and out of curiosity, I was looking through their tarot decks. 

Long story short, I now have 5 tarot decks wishlisted on Amazon:

  •  Archeon Tarot. I love this imagery, although I imagine I may have to rely on actually learning the cards because the images/symbolism aren't too deep. If you clink the link, you'll see that the illustrations are very similar to my Fallen Angel oracle.. haha. It's one of the cheaper decks, at $18.
  • Mona Lisa Tarot. I first skipped over this deck while browsing on Aeclectic, because I figured it was all kinda dull Mona Lisa-type illustrations, but when I saw this one on Llewellyn, I was impressed. I love the illustrations on this one, the symbolism, and the stories that the cards tell. It's also cheap, at $17.90.
  • Universal Goddess Tarot. I did look at this one before, but it didn't speak so much to me until now. I enjoy the detailed illustrations, and how there's enough symbolism and a bit of story in them for me to decipher them without knowing the actual meaning of the card. This one is $20.65.
  • Yoga Tarot. The bright colors on this one sold me. This deck is similar to Archeon, though, in that you can't decipher much from the illustrations, unless you know the symbolism associated with yoga. Same price as Mona Lisa. 
  • Golden Botticelli Tarot. I had a fangirl moment when I saw this existed. Botticelli is my favorite Renaissance artist / one of my favorite historical artists. Deciphering might be a little tricky with some cards, though. Would have to rely on card meanings. It's $19.74.  

Pretty nifty, huh? I think as far as efficiency goes, the Mona Lisa deck might be the best first choice, because I can resonate with the illustrations and what they might be suggesting. To be honest, even though I love Botticelli, I think his deck might be the one I resonate with least. But the others... I think that even though there's not much "story" to the cards, I can still tune in to the energy of the card and rely on intuition to determine what it's saying to me. 

So yeah. I'll probably pick one of these decks as part of a gift to myself. But I'm being warned to conserve my cash, so I probably shouldn't splurge as much at P&D when I go on Friday - just get the stuff I want most. That'll probably just be a Shiva statue and a calendar. 

Whew. I'm 98% done with my storyboarding final; I just have to add the script for each image, which my professor is going to show us how to do tomorrow. I hope he doesn't ask me to fix much - or anything - because I'm just so done with that project... plus, I have to work on my stuff for illustration. Today I've gotta finish that perspective drawing and make progress on my self-portrait. 

Off I go then.

Evaah 

No comments:

Post a Comment