Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Illusion of Free Will

by Patricia Ariel
So, continuing where I left off... 

Let's say for a moment that life is all about paving your own path. Free will exists and life was centered around what you wanted to pursue - what you decided you resonated with. Actually, wait. Would you still resonate with things? All things have energy, and give off a specific vibration. I suppose it could still exist energetically speaking. But what good would that do us, if free will existed? It wouldn't necessarily be "free will," because technically, we would already know what would happen as Adonai. We have free will as Adonai. What if part of experiencing Earth life was experiencing a lack of free will? Technically, it's part of "limiting" ourselves. Plus, if the concept of "free will" existed, that would suggest some kind of universal system or force is in place. Will is a force in itself. And if it's a force, that means it's pre-scripted, which still technically means that it's acting as part of a universal script. Earth doesn't rotate on free will. Trees don't grow on free will. The moon doesn't orbit the Earth on free will. Clouds don't drift on free will. Everything acts in accordance with everything else based on a wordly - or universal - script. 

But, of course, humans are so self-centered that we firmly believe we're not part of this system, because we think we hold the illusion of free will. We don't stop to think where our thoughts or impulses or intuition come from. We don't stop to think why we do what we do, because we assume we - as puny humans - decided to do it on free will. However, as Adonai, we've created this system beautifully. We dressed up pre-programming into a disguise, because we knew that, as things evolved and progressed, humans at certain vibrational levels wouldn't like the idea that free will doesn't actually exist. 

Again, I remind myself: several months ago, I would be pitching a fit if someone introduced this idea to me. But by being guided through a specific path, I'm now arriving at this conclusion. That specific path made me much more open to the idea. I sure as hell didn't want to pick this path for myself - not several months ago, anyway. Some people would argue: "Yes, you did. You create your reality through thought and action." In which case I reply: is that the true story? Or is that fluffy nonsense we tell ourselves because we don't want to think we lack free will?

Sit and really think about it. Imagine a world where everybody knew we lacked free will. But at the same time, imagine a world where everybody knew they were a face of Adonai expressing themselves as human. And by this, I mean, really knew they were Adonai, and not thinking something like: "I'm a piece of Creator with my own agenda." 

In my opinion, if everyone shared this perspective, the world would be paradise. Now, I'm obviously not saying my perspective is "right." I don't claim a perspective as "mine," because I realize this is a temporary perspective and doesn't speak for the whole picture. But when you think about it, it doesn't matter if a perspective of spirituality holds any truth. What matters is what you do with that perspective. Do you use it to live life to the fullest? Do you use it to help others? Or do you use it as means to judge and criticize those who don't share your view? It's already obvious that we're not meant to obtain the "ultimate" truth. Therefore, I can only assume that life is a way for us to express our infinite nature in limited forms, and to over-stand and celebrate this in every instance of ourselves.

Of course, this would require alteration in various religions. Those who worship idols, such as Christ, would probably perceive him as an "ascended master" of sorts, or as a representation of a specific force/intention, such as compassion and mercy. Those who believed in singular deities would probably perceive them as something similar. And what's interesting is that this brings me back to the bit I read on the Dalai Lama, who mentioned something about Tibetan Buddhism having to change if reincarnation was ever proved to be false. He understood this general idea of change even though he stated: "It would be hard to disprove reincarnation." The fact that he was open to changing Buddhism was something big, because leaders of other religions were so firm with their beliefs that they refused to admit that their perspective was wrong. And that refusal suggests one thing to me: that these people are driven by power and/or ego.

Because what is refusal to admit wrongness? Ego. 

It's all so vast. Part of me wonders if I should bother to dwell on such things at all, but you know something? If I wasn't this way - if I didn't seek truth or answers - I would still be one unhappy individual. I would be my old negative self. I wouldn't appreciate life as much; I wouldn't marvel at its beauty. I wouldn't respect nature as much. And so on. So yes - I am very happy that I tend to dwell and "figure things out" - because doing so has made me a much happier and much more open-minded person.

So I guess the sole theme of this post is universal force. Creating like from like. And that probably explains why I've been so drawn to the natural world lately - it's like Adonai is pointing and saying: "There's your answer." We like to separate ourselves from the rest of the natural world and its workings and by doing so, we have only become unhappier. We've only created more chaos for ourselves. But that's part of the story. It's always darkest before the dawn, right? There's always a light at the end of the tunnel, etc. Maybe we're heading toward the climax of the story. We're at the "rising action" portion right now, what with people talking about "awakening" and others beginning to hate on society and government and whatnot. For so long, we've been talking about the Earth story in books and other forms of art, unaware that Adonai has been expressing the story through us. We think these stories are our imaginative creations, when in fact, they're metaphors and even literal representations of the (much) bigger picture. 

Therefore, at this present moment, I feel that free will is an illusion. After observing how the natural world works, I'm not a fan of separating humankind from the rest of the equation. That's just plain old arrogance. It's part of the story though, so I'm cool with it. I just can't see why humankind has to be the anomaly. The universal/worldly laws apply to every other aspect of nature but us? That's BS to me. That's... arrogance. It's a lie we tell each other and teach our children to console and blind ourselves. Ignorance is bliss, after all. And what's interesting to ponder is that perhaps some portions of society are aware of this, and utilize this illusion to manipulate the masses. But that's getting into conspiracy theories, and I'm not about to go there. 

Now guess what? I've been guided to watch Star Wars now. "Divine" timing has arranged things so that my brother came for Thanksgiving, and a Star Wars marathon played while we were down in Louisiana. Growing up, I was never a fan of the series because it wasn't my cup of tea, but recently, I've felt inclined to give it a try. It must have something to do with this perspective, what with it referring to force and all. 

I'm not all that familiar with Star Wars. I only remember bits and pieces from my childhood - watching some of it with my brother at times. So I guess I'm about to see. 

(Brother left almost an hour ago to return to Florida... I feel a lot better now that things are back to normal. But he'll be back in three and a half weeks.)

Evaah 

No comments:

Post a Comment