Friday, November 16, 2012

Plan or No Plan?

 Okay, so I hopped on tumblr, and saw this quote on my dash:

 “A plant is not thinking: Tomorrow I will put a new leaf to the north and then next week when it rains I will grow a meter taller. Its existence is just unfolding out of itself spontaneously, naturally, unplanned. Similarly, your true life unfolds in the same way but you are unaware of it because you allow your mind to imagine fanciful ways of being and then pursue your projections. Like this, you began thinking and strategizing your existence rather than simply experiencing your natural being.
We cannot breathe tomorrow's breath today. Therefore, knowing this, leave your existence to existence and start enjoying your cosmic play. Best of all, don’t try to be anything at all. This is a secret few recognize.
” 

You know, I'm beginning to see this theme more and more lately. It's mainly on tumblr, because I follow spiritual/pagan/nature blogs, so I see a lot of stuff like that, but I've been seeing the whole "live freely" theme frequently in the past several days, and I feel like I have to address it.

I honestly believe that nature is our biggest educator. And when I say "educator," I mean that it's showing us everything. It shows us the best way of living our lives, and shows us the interconnectedness of all things. I'm beginning to learn more and more from nature. I've been watching the squirrels and how they bury their little acorns, I've been watching the trees shed their leaves, I've been watching the stray cats prowling and sitting patiently. 

And reading that quote kind of stimulated a certain question: do we really have a "plan" or "purpose"? I forget if I mentioned it before, but before I was seeing the "live freely" theme, I was seeing the "you are the universe expressing itself as human" theme. I technically already understood the latter, just from a bit of a different perspective. 

I didn't realize it until reading that quote up there, but what if we really have no "purpose" at all? We can still be a force or face of the universe with intent, just without "divine purpose" that spurs us to help others or find a specific career path. 

And what's funny is that all along, Adonai has been emphasizing this - I've just been interpreting it in another way. "We seek experiences," it always says. "We have no need for 'lessons.' We are here to experience and express ourselves." 

It all makes sense now. I didn't resonate with the idea of "lessons," but now I'm beginning to not resonate with the idea of "divine purpose." Because you know what that implies? That I am unique in that I'm the only one who can be performing this specific role. And that puts an emphasis on identity, separation, and ego. We're blinded into believing "I'm helping others by doing this," but in reality, in our minds, we understand: "Hey, I have to do this, because I'm the only one who can, and that makes me important!"

Obviously, I'm not saying that people are unimportant or insignificant. What I'm saying is that the whole "divine purpose" or "soul plan" thing is food for ego. I mean hell - I'll use myself as an example. Look back at all the crap I've been spewing about this spirit art thing. What am I aiming for? Being a successful spirit artist. But what does that entail? Being well-known and acquiring abundance so that I may sustain myself. The same thing applies to my dream of being a successful author or successful illustrator. 

I do admit this perspective frightens me a bit. It frightens me because that suggests I may not be even a teensy bit in control. I loved the idea of the balance between manifesting one's ideal life and having pre-programming handle the rest. 

If it's as Adonai says - that life is about experience and expression - then it really doesn't matter if everything is spontaneous. Because that spontaneity is what makes experience all the more valuable. Maybe the point of life is to not pave your own way to success and happiness, but to find happiness and peace in the things you already have in the present moment, and to enjoy each and every experience to the fullest.

You know what's sad? Very few people live like this anymore. We're all fixated on the future or the past. I know I'm WAY too fixated on my future. We all hope for success, money, stability, security, because that's what society revolves around now. Our society is future-based - and it makes no sense whatsoever, because all it does it make people anxious and fearful. 

If this is the case, though, then does manifesting still technically work? I'm pretty sure I've manifested all sorts of things in the past. Yesterday is a good example. Was that legit, or was it just coincidence? I don't see why manifesting wouldn't work, so long as you're focusing on the present and not the future. I mean, we're the universe. We have a right to create, even in a limited form. Is that why the key to manifestation is to focus on the desire as though you already have it? 

Yep... I think I'm making progress here. This is probably why Shiva's here, too, and why November is supposed to revolve around a fresh start/opening to higher potential.

I'm going to need to stew on this some more, but I just wanted to jot it down while the thoughts were in my head. 

Evaah

No comments:

Post a Comment