Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Exuberance

"Color Splash" - by adelenta @ deviantART
Whew. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't high on helium. A lot of goooood energy around me today. 

I started watching the live election coverage sometime around 7:30 last night. I have to say - those few hours from 7 to 11 were so nerve-wracking. It wasn't a surprise, though, because the midwest and the southeast have always been Republican-heavy. But to see the number of people who were wanting to vote for Romney was a little terrifying, not to mention disheartening, because I know a good portion of those people are white Christians who are either racist, judgmental, anti-gay, or so on. That really isn't an accusation or a judgment - it's the truth. I'm not hating on them, because I know it's not their fault. They're fear-driven. They fear things they're unfamiliar or uncomfortable with. 

I was going to go to sleep at 11, but I lingered just long enough to see Obama hit 250, and I was like: "Well, damn. I can't go to sleep now." So I stayed up and read a bit while waiting for the west coast to start delivering their results, and then... bam. 

I'm very happy. I know I said I was indifferent in regard to politics, but if I had to choose a candidate, I would choose Obama because he's a much more open-minded, compassionate soul - at least compared to Romney. But this gives me hope. I'm so proud of our younger generations, who are much more open-minded than their parents and grandparents. It's really us who will change the world.

So yeah. But that's not the only reason I was celebrating last night. Right before I was about to go to sleep, I checked Facebook and found that my friend had sent me that commission I was waiting for. And damn - I was misty-eyed. I was going to post it here, but because I'm no longer as willing to post my characters all over the internet (I do have serious intentions of publishing, obviously, and don't want people to steal), I prefer just to keep it around Facebook. But Adonai.. it's freaking gorgeous. And that expression is very appropriate, because the character she drew is basically a personified version of Adonai, fit to fantasy fiction. So seeing that character so beautifully depicted was a very emotionally moving moment for me.

And to emphasize this good energy, I picked Seere for today, whose message brings: "Excitement and great changes enter your life. Let your imagination soar." So that only boosts my mood even more. 

I stumbled across a relevant quote on tumblr this morning:

"Set your intention, then allow the universe to figure out the details, trusting in divine time, knowing all is in perfect order."

Haha. It's as if the universe is saying, "Yeah, you were right."

I also want to mention that one of my new intentions is to naturally improve my eyesight. Even though I've grown fond of my glasses over the years, it'd be nice to be able to see without them. I did some research last night and learned that our eyes are actually relaxed when they're constantly moving. It puts strain on them to focus on one thing for a long period of time. So my efforts will include:

  • Eating foods carrying the necessary nutrients for eye health
  • Affirmations ("I have perfect sight"; "my eyes are in perfect health.")
  • Eye exercises, massage 
  • Keeping eyes moving as often as I can remember 
  • Blinking often
  • Taking a few minutes to rest the eyes after working behind a PC or screen for a long period of time

Anyway, that's enough for now. Thanks to last night, I didn't get any writing done, so I need to catch up - even though I'm technically way ahead.

Just one class to sit through today! Sweet.

Evaah

 

 

2 comments:

  1. About the eyesight thing, I have astigmatism where the muscles don't move properly to focus so I feel like my eyes are camera lenses with the time it takes me to see anything XD. I did some research and found this acupressure tutorial that was supposed to improve dark circles under eyes but actually found it generally improved my eyesight, here's the link if you are interested: http://www.faceliftaunaturel.com/eyes-rejuvenation-acupressure.html

    Mainly though, point number 7 is the one I found was key in improving my sight a little because it intentionally makes your eyes blurry to get them to refocus. I find that I only did the main points for a few weeks but I tend to regularly just massage my eyes when I feel like I can't see clearly enough. Sounds silly but it might help.

    I also got told by my optician to spend five minutes a few times a day focusing on things near and far very quickly so I would look out of my window to something in the distance and then focus on my finger held in front of my face and flick between the two for a few minutes which helped.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, interesting - I tried some of those. Might have to add those into my practice, too, although I'm afraid I may not be doing it right, haha.

      All my life I believed eyesight was something you could never recover once you lost it, but then I realized: why wouldn't it be like any other injured part of the body?

      Thanks!

      Delete