Monday, November 5, 2012

Helios Takes a Holiday

by janaw @ deviantART
Not literally, of course. Sun's shining here pretty much all the time.

It's just that I drew the Helios card for today and that made me happy, because I love Helios, and I love the sun. I should also mention that I really do associate this with Luci... because they're both related to light and illumination.

Jeez, lol. 

I'm down to seven days. Trying not to be mentally "checked out" yet because I still have my final two projects to finish. Fortunately, one of them is kind of fun - I have to storyboard a commercial for Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans... just 12 colored panels, and I already started drawing them out. My illustration final is an "animorph" self-portrait, where we have to draw ourselves as half human, half animal.

I'm so doing a cardinal. 

I came across this wonderful idea on tumblr: "start the year with an empty jar and fill it with notes about everything good that happens. On New Year's Eve, empty the jar and see what awesome experiences you had." I would so love to do this. I'd just need a really big jar, haha. Or several jars. Or, I can twist the idea a bit and make it into a journal format... I wouldn't know what to do with all the notes, either, if I did a jar. I wouldn't want to throw them out, but being half-organized, half-messy, I tend to like to throw away stuff I know I won't use/need again. We'll see.

Speaking of journals, I began working on my magic one. It's lavender with a celtic knot printed on the cover. I only have two desires written down in it though - the one about my house and one about being a successful spirit artist. I'm kind of waiting until I find personal time to sit down with it, because I want to focus on what I'm writing.

This is the third day practicing mindful eating, and it's been pretty awesome. I've noticed that my appetite has decreased as well, much to my mother's discontentment. She thinks I should be eating a lot more - but I don't think she gets that we really don't need that much food. It actually reminds me of some research I was doing on the "12 levels of ascension," where toward the higher levels, you don't need to eat as much, and can sustain yourself on light & prana. Because when you think about it, why do we eat to begin with? For energy, mainly. For nutrients that assist bodily processes. But that's a very... physical thing. Back in the day, people didn't eat as much because they were connected. Of course, this was ages ago... 

It's just nice to finally take the time to enjoy food for its flavor AND nourishment value. 

I'm at 24,500 words on Nano. Things flow a lot better when I know what I'm talking about, lol. 

Short and sweet post today, but sometimes that's a good thing...

Evaah 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment