Friday, November 9, 2012

Wise Old Universe

by dilynnring @ deviantART
I've had a big question on my mind, but first, to get the smaller stuff out of the way...

It depresses me to see how much humanity has disconnected itself from nature. I'm sitting here next to my window and watching the sun light up all the autumn-hued leaves and it just looks so striking... I can't see why people have come to only appreciate nature in moments. If Gaia were an actual separate being, I imagine she would feel incredibly betrayed. 

And you know, there's a lot of talk about an ideal situation where everyone shared with the less fortunate - giving them our processed food, our chemicals and drugs and pills, and so on. Am I the only one who cringes when hearing this? Yeah, it's a nice thought - to ensure everyone on the planet is sustained - but to give these people crap that would deteriorate their systems? Oh, how kind of us.

Anyway... the other thing I wanted to mention: I'm stuck on  Nano. Things were going great up until I hit about 27k - and then, once again, I realized that this may not be the best way to tell the story. So now I'm rethinking the plot, because I've been nudged toward watching/reading Harry Potter again, and as I watched, a thought came to me: "you need to involve your audience." In some ways, I was kind of already doing that, but not to a huge extent. And when you think about it, all the popular stories out there do a good job of involving the audience. Harry Potter plays on the younger generations' desire for magic in the world. Readers assign themselves to one of the four Houses and determine their patronus or what kind of wand they have... Then you have Lord of the Rings, which involves readers in a grand adventure. Fifty Shades of Grey - oh god - inspires a lot of couples to... well. You know. Twilight puts young female women in Bella's place. 

Humans seek connection, so they're seeking it in literature, too. It reminds me of something I read about Avatar, where James Cameron - or one of the art directors - mentioned that originally, female Na'vi didn't have breasts. But, he said, they decided to give them breasts anyway, because they wanted the audience to be able to connect with that "human" aspect of the Na'vi. 

I had this idea in the back of my mind, but I've been spending so much time on this story trying to figure out the best, most interesting, yet still original way of telling it. I don't want it to be a rip-off of something else I've read (which is one of the reasons why I don't read; unfortunately I need to read to become a good writer, so it might be inevitable). Crucible is my dearest project, and it's clearly the "biggest" story I'm supposed to be contributing to the world, because every time I try to work on something else for an extended period of time, something happens that brings me back to Crucible. 

But I digress. So I might have to up my word count by world-building. Hm.

Now, I wanted to touch on this "big question" that's been on my mind. And that question would be: did we, as Adonai, intentionally want the world to be like this? 

If I consider everything I've learned for myself - all the conversations I have with various aspects of Adonai - I get a mix of YES and NO. NO mainly popped up in my earlier conversations, in which I was told that "polarity was never meant to go so far" - that Adonai was an "incomplete" being which resulted in an incomplete world. But now I understand that to be completely inaccurate. Lately these conversations have suggested that YES, we - as the universe - intended Earth to become what it is today. Because if I put the pieces together...

  • Each instance of us has its own story, and this may not always be a "good" one
  • Each of our lives is balanced by half free will, half pre-programming
  • Pre-programming ensures we keep on track with our stories
  • Free will lets us play with our power as Creator while doing so
  • Earth is about experience, not "lessons"
  • Earth is one out of infinite places where the universe is observing and expressing itself

It's a very interesting idea, that's for sure. Of course, I know that people won't easily digest it, because no one in our modern world wants to believe that we intentionally made the world this way. But think about it (lol I'm going into channeling mode...) - creating the world to be what it is today is giving ourselves a significant chance to observe our power. We went from high-vibe beings - knowing the truth - to low vibe beings struggling to achieve paradise again.  And guess what? That's a story. A very common one, in fact. Things start out in peace. Turn violent. War drowns the world. Conflict. Hatred. Hero(es) rise up to save the day. All ends well. 

And we wonder why this has been the foundation for basically every story known to mankind. It's freaking rooted into our consciousness, because deep down, we know how the story plays out. 

Well, that certainly changes a lot of perspectives. But when you think about it, we really are "playing a role." The villains: thieves, murderers, politicians, terrorists. The heroes: doctors, therapists, policemen, teachers. You've got artists who inspire. The spiritually gifted folks who encourage connection back to our source. Every time we interact with someone, we're playing a role. We can be the good friend or the bad friend, the rebellious offspring, the class clown. And whatever role we play - whatever choices we make - ultimately affects the whole. 

Yeah. I think I need to turn this into a VotS post. Lol.
Now, to write a bit before spending the rest of my day doing homework.

Evaah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment