Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Zinn

"Let it Snow" - by depingo @ deviantART
I had a rather powerful dream this morning. I can't remember all the details, but I recall one significant moment - probably the most important of the entire dream. I was sitting with this kid named Zinn - he looked a lot like Micah Sanders from Heroes. I believe it was nighttime. Everyone else was sleeping, and I was awake with Zinn talking to him about his issues: his lack of confidence and self-esteem, mainly. I don't remember what all I told him, or if I was of any help to him, but at the end of the conversation, he told me how much he looked up to me for being a strong, wise, knowledgeable person. In response, I said that I wasn't perfect, and that I realized how much work goes into making yourself a more positive being. 

There was a bit after that which was rather inspired by Merlin (I've been rewatching it now that series 5 is available on Netflix streaming), but I don't remember enough of the details to even mention it. I will say, though, that I'm rather caught off guard by this encounter. I don't know who "Zinn" is - I rarely learn the names of dream characters - but I'm grateful I was able to have such a dream and remember it. It's a good representation of what I've been dealing with as of late. I have been getting better with my healing in regard to insecurity, self-esteem, and the like, but I still run into speed bumps, which I imagine are "tests" of sorts. I ran into one on Saturday, while having a conversation about healing and health with Lor. 

But it's okay. This dream was a powerful reminder of what I'm working toward. Speaking of dreams, I had another dream I recalled a few days ago that had me wandering in the woods with a group of people. Part of the group moved on into the woods, but a few of us stayed back for whatever reason, and as we were about to follow, I began to see a number of snakes that looked quite like black mambas (one of the deadliest snakes in the world) emerging from the forest floor. A little while later, I ran into a centaur...

I couldn't feel out the "essence" of that dream as well as I could with the Zinn dream, but the symbolism of the many snakes really sticks out to me. The snakes sort of served as an obstacle - we didn't want to tread past them and get bitten. I imagine, then, that this dream kind of represented moving on into unknown territory with a fear of failure or harm blocking my path. 

...Which also makes sense. Dreams, man. 

I was going to write a bit about ritualism today, but I have some other things to work on this morning, so I'll keep this post relatively brief. I will announce, though, that we're expecting a couple inches of snow today. That makes me beyond happy. It's been a while since I've seen snow, and I've yet to see what it looks like when it falls in this neighborhood. It's supposed to start in a couple hours. 

It makes me think of Zenoheria again, and Eron. Ah, but I'll save that for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment