Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Call of Spirit

"Summer Rain" - by kaijae @ deviantART
It's been almost a week since I last posted? Oops. I guess I've been far too focused on miscellaneous things.

I began reading Awakening to the Spirit World - The Shamanic Path of Direct Revelation by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman the other day. And just like with Dreams of Awakening, I find my life is already changing. Awakening to the Spirit World affirms and confirms all the things I've been feeling about what spirit is and how it expresses itself to us. I've been drawn to shamanism for quite a while, but was hesitant to approach it, because I know people tend to get pretty nasty about others handling such a sacred practice. Although no one has a right to criticize my spirituality, I do realize that shamanism is one of the spiritual practices that is often misunderstood, and for that reason, its image has been tarnished by modern practitioners and the like. 

But this... this is something that I find I'm truly resonating with. Shamanism gives definition to the things I previously had no words for. I'm really beginning to feel like I'm finding my "place" in this world. I feel like I have enhanced vision. 

The crazy thing? Ever since I began reading Awakening to the Spirit World, I find my mind's eye has been particularly active. I'm beginning to remember my dreams again (bits and pieces, but I'll take it!), and in my half-awake states before and after sleep, I'm beginning to see lots of intriguing visions and images. A lot of it is of nature, although I did see something that looked like it was from "above" (the Upper World, as it's termed in shamanism) the other day. It was like a council of elders among the clouds, with galactic energy spilling down around them like waterfalls. A really powerful image...

And something else? Dreams of Awakening suggested that our waking reality is yet another layer to our dreams. Shamanism apparently recognizes the same thing: that life is a collective dream, dreamed by us. This has given me a whole new way of seeing (and even utilizing) our creative powers when it comes to manifestation. But not just that - it's given me a much richer view on life. 

I'm beginning to see that pieces are being put together. This whole emphasis on dreams, consciousness, oneness, archetypes... I'm being fed all sorts of information, but a lot of what I'm learning directly relates to my intuitive work and the career path I desire. I doubt that's a coincidence. Hell - I even met the boys again the other night, and was given a great big hug. It's like they've all been waiting for this moment. I needed that time away to become aware of my issues, because I've always been running from them. Now that I'm aware of them, and working toward addressing them, it seems I'm ready to return to the domain of spirit. I just need to keep riding this current, because I really feel like the momentum is building for something great. 

I'm filled with such powerful energy right now. What I'm learning has really resonated with and motivated me. It feels so wonderful to have that spark for spirit again. I really missed this. 

I'm being called back to spirit - and to nature. The whole world is rich and alive, and I look forward to renewing myself so that I can better connect with it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment